Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Talking

We all know that I can talk.... I can talk a LOT.... but this time of year talking becomes very difficult.

I have told my story countless times. I have told people how we lost Jimmy, what he meant to me, about his relationship to the Lord,  and how he brought me back to Christ. I tell people all the time that I am fine talking about it, and most of the time I am. But this time of year is tough.....

Writing is easier than talking.... however just writing isn't an option this year....

I volunteered to do the talk this week for Middle School Group. Every week a leader will talk on a topic that is relevant to the kid's lives but also based in the Bible.... My last talk was on the story of Daniel and how what is popular isn't always right and what is right isn't always popular.... That was an easy talk.....

This week my talk is based off the blog I wrote a few days ago called Anniversary (if you haven't read it, you should, I actually liked it, and that rarely happens).

I know that the kids will understand the talk, and I am pretty sure that at least 2-3 of he kids will actually take the talk to heart. I pray that the talk will help at least 1.

My fear for tomorrow night is me. I know that this is going to be emotional. I also know that the kids ask questions, most of which I doubt I will think of ahead of time. I am not sure that I will be able to make it through without crying (and those of you who know me, know I don't cry in public). I am praying that I will find the strength to make it through, and the peace of mind to know that I am delivering a good message, and that I am delivering the message in a way that the kids will really take it to heart an not make the same mistakes I did.

If you think about it please say a prayer for me!! Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment