Thursday, July 28, 2011

Time to get Serious!!!

I have struggled with my weight all my life. I was never an "average" size girl. The last time Jimmy saw me I was 252 pounds:

In March 2007 I has gastric bypass surgery.... I rapidly started losing weight, and over the course of about a year I lost exactly 100 pounds... down to 152!!!

I felt good. I looked good (this picture doesn't do it justice, but I'm HORRIBLE at taking good pictures). But I was happy and healthy. I really wanted to get down to 132, but I was ok at 152.......

Slowly but surly over the last 3 years I have started to gain the weight back.... =(
I am currently at 184 =(
I have been stuck here for a few months now and I am sick of it!!
A few months back I tried a vegan diet, it lasted a little over a week, and then was too hard to follow.

I have been working with a trainer at the gym. 30 minutes twice a week. She is great at kicking my butt. She has been trying telling my to just cut down calories, 1200 per day is all I should need.

I started reading Rocco Dispirito's new book Now Eat This! Diet. He advocates a lower calorie (1200 for women to start) diet. Not cutting things out, just adjusting HOW we eat them. LOTS of recipes with lower calorie substitutes.

The diet starts in the MORNING!!! I am determined to start losing the weight! I am planning on blogging about the journey, sharing recipes that work (and maybe some that don't), and even workout tips (as I get more in shape). I am thinking that by blogging on here I will have more accountability than just doing it on my own. Who knows? Maybe this will work out well and I will by like the Julie & Julia woman! Doubtful, but you never know! HaHaHaHaHaHa

If anyone has suggestions/recipes/tips, please feel free to share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment